Leisure is the time that is dedicated to recreational activities that are not related to work obligations, or domestic tasks.
Leisure is made up of all those activities that an individual has voluntarily chosen, and that he or she can distribute at will. There is no stipulated time to enjoy them, but it will depend on the temporary space you have after finishing your work, and tasks related to the home.
In addition, the tasks can be chosen by oneself since they will depend on the tastes and hobbies that one has. For example: reading, going to the movies, dancing, taking cooking classes, doing sports activities, spending time collaborating in solidarity activities.
Each person decides what they want to develop in that time dedicated to recreational activities, and that allow a time of enjoyment and tranquility, as well as disconnection from all those activities that take place during the day.
It is also an important part of the economy. Since many businesses are dedicated precisely to meeting this need for individuals.
Why is leisure important?
These are the highlights:
- It is a recreational time where everyone has the freedom to organize activities according to their own will, and enjoy what they are most passionate about.
- Reduce stress. This problem can be increased many times by work, and the excessive load of mandatory activities every day. Having moments of leisure allows you to practice a hobby, reduce pressure and stress, and be more relaxed.
- Traveling is one of the options most often chosen by anyone who wants to make the most of their leisure time. This allows a broad human and cultural development since other cultures and ways of life are known.
- The immune system is affected in a positive way. Being able to be active developing satisfactory activities allows defenses to increase, and quality of life improves.
- Renew your mood, and improve your sleep. Taking advantage of this time and doing recreational activities allows you to fall asleep better, and relax much better.
- New learning possibilities are opened, since activities that have not been developed before can be put into practice, and that end up being of interest to the person who executes them.
- Socialization is improved. Sharing these activities in a group, meeting friends, playing sports as a team can expand the circle of friends, and consolidate social relationships.
- It allows the possibility of knowing ourselves, of spending time to value what we like, to take into account what we want to start up and that is far from constant obligations.
- Making good use of leisure time will help us to be more efficient on a professional and personal level.
On the other hand, it must be borne in mind that when leisure is used in a positive way it can offer many healthy advantages for life, but if it is used in addictive actions, or poorly healthy activities, it will not be an enriching activity as it is intended to be. be it to balance work and personal life.
The best thing is to leave time for yourself, investigate what you like, and establish activities that comfort and help improve the spirit and the person.