The subconscious is all the information that is stored in the mind of the human being without his consciously perceiving it. However, it influences their way of acting and behaving in certain situations. The conscious is related to the most rational part of the individual. The human being is connected with this part to carry out his daily tasks and develops and perceives them in a conscious way, unlike the information that he has registered in his subconscious.
The human mind is not easy to analyze. It influences their behaviors and attitudes, so it is important to know the structure of this important part for people.
The mind is divided into a conscious and a subconscious part. The first is connected with the most rational part of the individual. In it intelligence is developed, acquired knowledge is activated and it is used to carry out the most outstanding daily tasks and actions. Psychology uses these two concepts frequently.
However, there is a part that is not so simple when it comes to accessing. It’s about the subconscious.
In it, memories, experiences and lived moments are stored that subsequently influence people’s behavior. They probably do not realize the reasons that lead someone to behave in a certain way or not.
This has a lot to do with what is registered in the subconscious. It is not easy to access this part of the mind. But there are techniques that help. For example, mindfulness or the interpretation of dreams.
What are the main differences between the conscious and the subconscious?
These are the most prominent:
- The conscious deals with everything that has to do with the rational. For example, comparing things, analyzing situations, making decisions, or carrying out a person’s daily activities.
- The subconscious influences the way people act without them being aware of it. The most emotional part, the memories, the emotions or the most painful experiences is housed in it.
- The conscious is accessible to the individual. He realizes what he is doing and can describe it, since he does something by being a participant and conscious.
- Accessing the subconscious is a complicated task. Many people find no explanation for their behaviors. They have experienced tense moments or strong emotions that have been recorded in their less conscious part. Although this cannot be perceived, it greatly influences human behavior. It is used without the person being aware of it.
- The subconscious is everything that is below the threshold of consciousness. It is what you have to discover, since it is usually a source of phobias, pathologies and problems. Many negative comments, childhood experiences and trauma inhabit him. That is why it is important to be able to access this part of the mind to treat certain problems in the human being.
Example of conscious and subconscious
A person who is constantly insecure when doing things and who during his childhood was the victim of continuous reprimands by his parents and little valued by his teachers when carrying out his activities, will keep these memories in his subconscious.
Your insecurity when making decisions and doing new things in your life is likely to be affected by all this emotional record that you have in your less conscious mind.
An individual who wants to buy a house and has different options will focus on comparing the two and reasoning about it. In this case, you are aware of what you are doing.